CONINCO participates in the International Seminar held in Vietnam Japan University
Receiving the invitation of Vietnam-Japan University, on January 20th, 2018, the delegation of Consultant and Inspection Joint Stock Company of Construction Technology and Equipment - CONINCO participates in the International Seminar on "Roles of Universities and Academic Societies in Infrastructure Engineering in Vietnam and Japan” organized by the Vietnam Japan University (VJU) with the support of the Japan Society of Civil Engineers (JSCE), Vietnam Federation of Civil Engineering Association (VFCEA) and Vietnam Bridge and Road Association (VIBRA).
Previously, on March 1st, 2017, the MoU signing ceremony between CONINCO and VJU took place at the Headquarters of CONINCO. This event marks the breakthrough of CONINCO in promoting training, scientific research and technology transfer when CONINCO is the first construction enterprise to sign the Memorandum of Understanding with one of the leading universities in Vietnam.
Attending the Seminar, regarding the Vietnam National University, there was Professor Dr.Sci. Nguyen Dinh Duc - Director of Academic Affairs Department (VNU, Hanoi), Program Director - Infrastructure Engineering (VJU), The Head of Advanced Materials and Structures Laboratory (VNU-UET).
Regarding VJU, there were Prof. Dr. Hironori Kato - Co-Director of Master Program in Infrastructure Engineering (MIE); Dr. Phan Le Binh - JICA expert, MIE Lecturer; Dr. Nguyen Tien Dung - Lecturer, MIE Coordinator.
Representatives of CONINCO were Dr. Duong Trong Vinh - Director of the International Cooperation & Consultancy Center together with staffs of International Cooperation & Consultancy Center.
In addition, attending the Seminar, there were also the leading Japanese experts from Metro Tokyo; Japan Society of Civil Engineers; Tokyo University of Marine Science and Technology; Japan Transport Research Institute,...) as well as representatives of specialized associations, training universities, research institutes, enterprises on all over the country operating in the field of construction.
Representing the Vietnam-Japan University, Prof. Dr. Hironori Kato - Director of MIE delivered the opening speech and invited Dr. Phan Le Binh to introduce about the training program, research activities, vocational guidance as well as the achievements of the university in recent years. Through this Seminar, the Organizing Committee hopes that academics, professional organizations and enterprises can openly exchange and discuss the role of universities and associations in the field of infrastructure engineering in Vietnam as well as in Japan; expand the exchanges and opportunities for future cooperation, explore business expectations to the roles of universities and academic societies in research and training of infrastructure engineering in both two countries.
At the Seminar, Dr. Duong Trong Vinh - Director of International Cooperation and Consultancy Center represented about 38 years of establishment and development of CONINCO; at the same time, he pointed out the expectations of enterprises with universities and academic societies operating in the construction industry.
Also at the Seminar, delegations listened to the presentations including:
1. Activities of the Japan Societies of Civil Engineers (JSCE) - Prof. Tetsuro Hyodo - Tokyo University of Marine Science and Technology; Leader of JSCE Vietnam section.
2. Activities of JSCE’s Hanoi Center - Center for Promoting Japan-Vietnam Civil Engineers Collaboration (CJV) - Assoc. Prof. Nguyen Hoang Giang - Head of International Cooperation; Director of CJV National University of Civil Engineering.
3. Activities of the Vietnam Federation of Civil Engineering Association (VFCEA) - Mr. Tran Dinh Thai - Deputy General Secretary of VFCEA.
4. Activities of Vietnam Bridge and Road Association (VIBRA) in the field of Infrastructure Engineering in Vietnam - Assoc. Prof. Dr. Tong Tran Tung - Advisor of the Minister of MOT; Vice President of VIBRA.
5. About Shimizu Corporation and Expectations of enterprises with universities, academic associations operating in the field of infrastructure engineering – Dr. Phan Huu Duy Quoc - Co-Director of CJV; Director of International Business Development Division of Shimizu Corporation.
The seminar took place succesfully. On behalf of the Organizing Committee, Prof. Dr.Sci Nguyen Dinh Duc sent sincere thanks to all the participants and supporters who participated and actively contributed to the development of infrastructure engineering. Hope that such seminars will strengthen the friendship and cooperation between Vietnam and Japan; create motivation to strive for, promote professional skills and raise the qualifications of engineers, especially in training high quality human resources; promote the development of the industry in particular and of the country in general.