Design verification is an important step in the process of implementing a construction investment project, contributing to ensuring the quality of the design project, overcoming the possible errors of the design consultant, saving investment costs and increasing the reliability of the design.
• Considering the suitability of the design with the approved investment project or design explanation;
• Checking the application of standards and regulations;
• Assessing the conformity of major structural solutions;
• Assessing the safety level of the building bearing:
• Assessing the conformity with environment, fire prevention and fighting regulations;
• Assessing the rationality of selection of technological lines and technological equipment for works with technological requirements;
• Evaluating the conformity of the technical system with the design solutions for the construction part and other related parts.
a. Verification of total investment of the project
• Checking the conformity of the total investment determination method with the characteristics, technical characteristics and technology requirements of the project;
• Checking the adequacy, suitability with the market requirements of the cost items in the Total Investment;
• Checking the feasibility of investment in construction works, risk factors, financial options and capital repayment plans..
b. Verification of construction cost estimates
• Checking the conformity of the main volume with respect to the design volume;
• Checking the proper application of norms and unit prices;
• Checking the proper application of the current regulations for the formulation of cost estimation.
c. Verification of settlement of construction and installation of works/ work items
• Checking the compatibility between the volume of final settlement and the volume in the as-built drawings;
• Unit price: Checking the conformity of the construction unit price with the construction contract;
• Determining the settlement value of construction and installation of works/ work items.
d. Verification of cost norms for construction works
• The compatibility of technical requirements, construction conditions and construction methods of each type of work requiring cost estimate norms;
• Checking the adequacy of work components;
• Checking the calculation method to determine the material consumption, labor and construction machine;
• Formulating the normative details.